Energy Inspector is needed to assist in home performance testing and to perform post-improvement inspections on homes that have been improved by home performance contractors. Our company is a growing energy efficient organization with many opportunities for advancement. We will pay for all training to obtain the valuable skills and knowledge required in this cutting edge industry. The Energy Inspector will complete the tasks to conduct, observe and assist building diagnostics on residential homes, develop reports, and various other tasks related to the home performance testing field.
- Training will be provided by the company to receive BPI Building Analyst or RESNET Rater Field Inspector Certified.
- Capacity and desire to learn more about the industry
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Physical ability to work on ladders and enter attics, basements, and other confined areas of a home.
- Good attitude and the ability to work on your own is a must.
- Valid Driver’s license, good driving record and reliable vehicle required.
- Basic computer and keyboard competency and familiarity with MS Word & MS Excel.
- One or more years of residential construction or energy auditing experience OR 2-year degree in a related field.
- Basic knowledge and experience preferred with residential building science, residential energy efficiency, residential building construction
- BPI Building Analyst or RESNET Rater Field Inspector certifications
- Conducting blower door testing.
- Conducting combustion safety testing.
- Performing ventilation testing.
- Duct leakage testing.
- Preparing home performance reports, and recommendations.
- Performing infrared scanning.
- Meeting home owners and contractors to discuss building science of homes.
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan with company matching options
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Training Reimbursement
- If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .