The Building Industry Association of Central South Carolina (BIA) is seeking a professional, motivated individual to join our association in Columbia, SC. This position will offer an array of responsibilities.
- All accounts receivable and accounts payable functions for the BIA and the Building Industry Charitable Foundation (BICF)
- Member invoicing for annual dues, events and all sponsorships
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Providing accurate and effective document preparation and records management
- Providing financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Preparing National Association of Home Builders and HBA of SC Membership reports to include weekly reports of new members and renewals to NAHB
- Maintain membership records for NAHB and HBASC
- Payroll duties to include the management of employee data, computing wages, W-2 & 1099 and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Tracking of residential permits in 8 jurisdictions along with accompanying reports and billing
- Preparation of financial reports to monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- 401K administration
- Home Show booth sales and collections
- Reconciliation of corporate credit card statements
- Cash receipt entry
- Special projects
- All other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the ability to work on projects independently and collaboratively with others, a service-minded approach, and confidence in decision-making, and proven experience in effective time-management.
- 2+ years of experience in general bookkeeping, billing, and/or office management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Quick Books
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applicants should send resume to email@example.com